Tuesday 29 August 2017

If I was the King of Spain



If I was the king of Spain
I’d summon summer rain.
I’d have paella every day
On a plate with gold inlay.

If I were king of Spain
I’d make everyone equal again.
If I ruled the roost
I’d give each pay packet a boost.

I’d give you all a holiday
So you can stretch your legs and play.
I’d sing our anthem with castanets
And cancel all the national debts.

I’d revive the peseta.
I’d be a job creator.
I’d spend all my time on the beach,
Ripening in the sun like a peach.

I’d feed on lobster and John Dory,
An evening menu that’s quite a story.
I’d make cerveza free for all
So we’d all get drunk
And have a right, royal ball

I’d go to Palma Nova
But steer clear of Barcelona.
So, Viva Espana.
I’ll do all that – manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think about our poems and the biscuits